Monday, November 30, 2015

Enjoy the ride!

Long trip to see your relatives for the Thanksgiving holiday?????
Us too.
Our 5 hour drive home yesterday turned into about 9.
Soooooo many people and accidents on the highway.
It seemed like we would NEVER get home.

This morning, thinking about it, makes me think about life.
We're all trying to get somewhere aren't we?
Maybe we're trying to get to a man, or a new job, or just a place of peace on the other end of our problems. And sometimes it seems like we will NEVER get there. It seems that our wait will never be over, the problems will never end, and the long sought after peace will never come. It's also compounded by "accidents" along the way. Something is always cropping up, getting in the way.

I think I get so frustrated because many times I can see a way out.
I think I can clearly see a solution to all of it, but for some reason God doesn't allow it.
Surely HE can see what I see, right?!

If that's you, joining me in feeling like this, 
then here are some things we need to let HIM speak over us today. 

HE's got it.

HE doesn't need our help.

If I could fix it, then I wouldn't need HIM.

If I fix it, I will miss the movement and glory of God.

HE sees the whole picture, I can only see "my way."

Today, let's try to remember that God's timing is perfect, 
HE goes ahead of us always, HE loves us and wants to help. 
Our job is to get out of the way and let HIM do it. HE knows our perfect way "home." 
HE knows every "accident" that will turn up along the way. 

So let's lay back, trust HIM and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment