Sunday, October 23, 2016

What Kind of Waiter Am I?

What kind of waiter am I? 

I'm not talking about delivering your dinner to the table 
because I know how that would go. 
I mean when I pray about something and I am then forced to wait on the answer....
what kind of wait-er am I? 

What am I doing/thinking/feeling during the waiting?
wringing my hands?
thinking that God doesn't care?
am I anxious?
am I fretful?
am I talking it to death with anyone who will listen?
complaining about it?
whining about it?
do I keep it to myself and quietly worry?
And the key question might be.......Who am I listening to???
satan filling my head with doubts and thoughts,
trying to convince me that God doesn't care about my circumstance?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes!
At one time or another I've answered yes to every one of these questions.
I'm sure we all have.

But what should we be doing?
What is the job of the waiting?
What is the job of the wait-er?

I think the answer (and the question) is TRUST.
Do I really trust that God knows and that God cares?

Maybe the job of the waiting is to build trust, 
to grow our relationship with God.

Waiting certainly keeps me talking to HIM more.
But as I'm talking to HIM, I also need to remember to listen to HIM.

I need to listen to the voice of God, 
who constantly reminds me that HE loves me, 
HE cares about my circumstance, 
HE loves those that I am praying for more than I do.
HE knows what HE is doing!

I need to choose to TRUST HIM. 
I need to pray faithfully and then wait expectantly,
watching for the answer to come,
looking for the miracle to happen.

You are my strength, I watch for you;
you, God, are my fortress
my God on whom I can rely.
Psalm 59:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment