Friday, December 11, 2015

HE Knows!

Ever thought, "TODAY IS THE DAY!" ?
And then realized that more waiting was involved?

That was my exact day today.
I was soooo disappointed and I began to wonder why God does that.
Why did it look like TODAY WAS THE DAY,
only to turn out NOT being the day?
What was the point of getting my hopes up?!

That was me thinking from my disappointment.
So what do you do then, 
when it all turns back to waiting?

All I can do is tell you what I did. 
I stopped for a few minutes and thought back to my morning Bible study.
And when I did, I was AMAZED AGAIN with how good our God is.
HE KNOWS!
HE always knows!
And HE always has us covered.
But how many times do I/we rush by and miss HIM?
How many Bible studies have I just read and then kept doing my thing?
And how many times have I hung out in my disappointment
rather than going back to HIM and letting HIM show me what HE is up to?

Ok, are you ready for it?

Here is what I read just this morning before I put all my hopes into 
TODAY BEING THE DAY!

I am working on your behalf. 
Bring Me all your concerns, including your dreams. 
Talk with me about everything, letting the Light of My Presence 
shine on your hopes and plans. 
Spend time allowing My Light to infuse your dreams with life, 
gradually transforming them into reality. 
This is a very practical way of collaborating with Me. 
I, the Creator of the universe, have deigned to co-create with you. 
Do not try to hurry this process. 
If you want to work with Me, 
you have to accept My time frame. 
Hurry is not in my nature. 
Abraham and Sarah had to wait many years for the fulfillment of my promise, a son. 
How their long wait intensified their enjoyment of this child! 

FAITH IS THE ASSURANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR, 
PERCEIVING AS REAL FACT WHAT IS NOT REVEALED TO THE SENSES.

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

So maybe our quote
"TODAY IS THE DAY"
is only part of the story.

Maybe our quote should be......
Today IS the day, it's HIS day, it's the day that HE made
(not the one I invented in my head).
Let's rejoice today, no matter what comes
(and no matter what we're left waiting for).
If HE's making us wait, it's definitely going to be worth it!
HE knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment