Friday, December 18, 2015

Doors

I LOVE old doors!
(and these remind me of my granny's old house <3 )
Today is a BIG day for me.
If you've been following this blog then you probably know that something has been going on.
Today really is the day.

I've been teaching for 23 years.
I know that I know that I know that it's what God called me to do.
I have spent all 23 of those years teaching in the public school system where I grew up.
I'm teaching in the school where I went for my very first day of Kindergarten.
I walked in those doors for the first time at 5 years old. 

Well today I am walking out of them for the last time. 

God has been doing a work in my life over the last year.
HE has been slowing closing my door there and
preparing me to move.
You know that old saying,
"When one door closes another door opens" ?
(and then there is some joke about the window, but I'm not sure how that goes)

We've been watching as God has brought me to the time when I would say,
"It really is time to move on."
(Yes, it took some really hard pressing on HIS part,
some really bad days,lots of tears, some prying my fingers off of things....)

BUT GOD!
HE never leaves us with nothing.
HE was closing that door, but HE was also preparing a new door just for me.
I'm not going to lie,
the wait between seeing the door close and waiting for the new one open was hard!

And it's easy for me to say since I'm on the other side of the door,
but we have to trust HIM.

HE has the door that is just right for us and for HIM.
The door that we will have the opportunity to use to bring honor and glory to HIM.

HIS timing is perfect.
HE knows where we need to be.

So wait for HIM, wait for the door that HE chooses for you.
When you finally walk through, there will be absolute joy and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment