Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful

It's Thanksgiving and you know what that means.....I am stuffed more than any turkey ever thought about being stuffed. We've had a full day of traveling, eating, taking a trip  to the Urgent Care, and of course making a much needed stop at Starbucks. I've messaged my family that didn't travel with us and taken care of all my Thanksgiving wishes. 

I just wanted to post a little of what I'm thankful for this year. 

1. I'm thankful for Jesus This year has been a roller coaster ride and I willingly admit that I would not have survived any of it without HIS constant presence, mercy and grace.
2. I am thankful for my man. God allowed me to marry Steve, the man of my dreams this year.
3. my kids Jack and Bridget, they are the loves of my life and I am so thankful that God chose me to be their mom
4. some of the best family and friends that anyone could ask for.

As I was typing this list, I had to stop.  Oh, I know I could have gone on and on and rightfully so......a job, good health, a home, $ to pay the bills, etc.
but it occurred to me to stop and settle in on the list I had. 

I have spent the last several weeks fretting and worrying over a few things that are not going as I would like them to but, the list reminds me of what is most important...

my God and my "people"

When I pause to look at what I'm bothered by, I realize that my God and my people are the ones who are walking with me, loving me through, keeping me grounded and focused. 

I know that when hard times come, I am not alone. 
HE has me and HE has surrounded me with some AMAZING people. 

So they are what I'm most thankful for this year.
Praying that the same is true for you!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and wishes for a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And the same wishes for you and yours. Hope you are enjoying some time off :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours and wishes for a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Merinda. I love your perspective. Annoyances come and go, but God's love and people are steadfast and in the end, all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend! Hope you are enjoying some much needed time off with your family :)

      Delete